Research Manager H/F
- Education: PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience: 5+ years minimum of experience in developing advanced algorithms in the medical imaging field.
Quantum Surgical is looking for a Research Manager H/F to join a team of creative and energetic engineers who are building the next generation of smart tools for minimally invasive therapies.
The Research Manager is responsible for managing the research engineering team to create real-life problem-solving solutions combining Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Image Processing.
The candidate should have demonstrated experience with early stage product development, cross-functional teams and technology development in an industrial environment.
Leadership & Project Management
- Build, Develop, report and oversee the Quantum Surgical research planning and activities, including being responsible for budgets, partner interactions, schedules, scientific leadership, and delegation to team members
- Build, lead, and manage a team of enthusiastic, high-performing researchers
- Work with external research collaborators or industrial partners to identify, assess and integrate identified technologies
- Coordinate Research Team with System and Development Teams to ensure proper technology integration within the Quantum Solution
- Assess and present technology integration options and strategies to solve identified clinical challenges
- Supervise the definition, construction and maintenance of the Clinical Database
- Ensure that appropriate documentation is created, maintained and managed
Research Design and Execution
- Manage the research team through all stages of the research process
- Maintain current awareness of trends and research in the relevant domains (AI, computer vision, image processing, etc.) through conference attendance, technological / competition / academic surveys and self-directed learning.
- Maintain and report the Research planning and roadmap, synched with the Quantum Surgical roadmap
- Provide consulting, direction and assistance to the Research Team
- Coordinate research activities with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with software engineers to industrialize advanced technologies
- Generate ideas for patent creation
- Participate in the preparation and execution of funded research projects
- Lead the Clinical Database construction
- Communicate on Research Team achievements
Experience and Qualifications
- PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industrial expertise and experience in developing advanced algorithms in the medical imaging field: AI & Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Image Processing
- Programming experience in C/C++, Matlab, Python
- Strong publication record
- Strong mathematical and computer science skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Self-motivated, curious and open-minded
- Highly proficient in written and oral english
- Experience with Deep Learning architectures and frameworks
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
If you think you may be a good match
Send us your informations
Send us your name, email address, the job title you are applying for and a text version of your resume :